To be in the midst of wilderness is an amazing experience. Nothing can quite capture the breathtaking beauty of nature that surrounds you. Thankfully, there are still many places where you can find the most spectacular national parks in the world. And here are just some of the best ones out there:
1. Banff National Park, Canada – Canada is one of the best destinations for nature lovers. The country has several national parks that are popular to locals and tourists. The Banff National Park in Alberta is one of the country’s greatest prides. It is pristine nature at its finest with breathtaking landscapes and clear lakes. There is a wide range of activities not just for adventure seekers but for those who are looking for a quiet and relaxing break from the busyness of life.
2. Galapagos National Park, Ecuador – Galapagos National Park is a vibrant ecosystem. It is teeming with wildlife and stunning coral reefs. You can swim in the pristine waters and watch some of the giant tortoises that live in the park.
3. Grand Canyon National Park, USA – The Grand Canyon National Park is the crown jewel of Arizona. Many who have visited the place profess to its grandeur. Marveling at the scenic view can be a moving and unforgettable experience.
4. Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, Australia – The best way to experience the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park is to gear up for a swim. Scuba diving and snorkeling allow visitors to enjoy a closer look of the coral formations and marine life in the area.
5. Iguazu National Park, Argentina/Brazil – Located in the border of Argentina and Brazil, Iguazu National Park is home to one of the world’s magnificent waterfalls. Nature remains largely untouched in this beautiful place set in the midst of lush trees and plants and colorful flowers.
6. Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia – Plitvice Lakes National Park is famous for its stunning lakes in the most beautiful shades of greens and blues. It has several awe-inspiring waterfalls that further add to the allure of this place.
7. Serengeti National Park, Tanzania – Serengeti National Park is a gem among the many beautiful national parks in Africa. It serves as a sanctuary of many of the country’s magnificent animals and is a haven for migratory animals, birds, and wild bees.
8. Torres del Paine National Park, Chile – Torres del Paine National Park is a splendid display of the beauty of nature. Its granite peaks are a sight to behold. The kaleidoscope of colors of green from the vibrant forests and the blues of glaziers and lakes make it one of the must-see places in the world.
9. Yellowstone National Park, USA – Yellowstone National Park has the distinction of being the first natural park in the world. But that is not the only amazing thing about this place. It has also served as home to a herd of bison. The national park covers over two million acres of land where you can find forests, geysers, lakes, and a wide range of plants and animals.
10. Yosemite National Park, USA – Yosemite National Park has picturesque scenery that will leave you breathless with its richness and beauty. The blooming of wildflowers in spring results to an explosion of colors that make the views even more majestic. Expect to find pristine lakes and mountain peaks capped with snow.